The Gwinnett Community Development Program commends Chebars Ministries, Inc. dba Life Changers Legacy, for participation in Round 1 Coronavirus Relief Funds for our Housing & Utility Assistance project Rental & Utility Program. Thank you for your valued service to the community utilizing these CARES Act funds. Countless numbers of families have been positively impacted by your tireless efforts to combat the effect of COVID-19. As a result of your hard work and dedication, Gwinnett County offers to extend your sub-recipient agreement to continue this important work with Coronavirus Relief Funds.
- Must reside in Gwinnett County.
- Must be in need of rental or utility assistance due to Covid-19 hardship
- Only rental and leasing situations can be approved – no mortgages.
- Must be able to provide – proof of Covid-19 hardship, proof of citizenship, proof of residency, invoices and statements of rental and/or utility arrears, a letter from the landlord stating rent is past due, may be asked for additional documents.
- Must not have previously received rental or utility aid from LifeChangers Legacy in the past 6 months.
To apply please email the below documents to email@example.com. All communication must go through this email only.
- Copy of driver’s license and social security card or proof of citizenship
- Copy of rental arrears, invoice, statement of past due rent and/or utilities with name and address
- Copy of Lease contract with name and address
- Letter from landlord or leasing agency detailing past due account with name and address
- COVID Application form completed
- COVID Hardship form completed
- Be sure to include a contact phone number and email
You may receive follow-up emails requesting additional information. If you qualify and are selected you will be contacted via email and provided with a date to pick up a check at our Gwinnett office in Buford. Checks will be made out directly to the landlord/leasing agency. Utilities may be paid directly online if applicable. Please note funds are limited and applying does not guarantee you will receive assistance. We are only accepting new applicants at this time. If you have previously received aid through LifeChangers Legacy within the last 6 months we are not able to offer assistance. Also, we are only able to aid with either housing or utility assistance, not both with this extension.
We are looking forward to continuing to help the Gwinnett community.
All questions and follow-up may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and many blessings from the LifeChangers Legacy Team!